Friday, March 08, 2013

The Infinite Beyond

I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey at Tiff Lightbox today in 70 mm.  It was a mesmerizing journey through space, full of suspense and terror.  The visuals were so well imagined, here are some of my favorites.  If you haven't seen it, stop reading, don't let me spoil it!

Careful steps to the cockpit.
Spacecraft docking; I love how you get a sense of the scale when the lights come on and you see tiny people.

In the pod, with a million lit buttons projected on Dave's face.
I really liked the close up shots of that.
The popular scene, so gorgeous.

Ejecting cartridges to disable Hal.

The sun casting crescents on planets and the round spacecraft.

2 comments:

Yessi Arifin said...

BEAUTIFUL! I blackmailed a friend to come watch it with me after seeing your post :).

Vivian Mau said...

Sweet, I hope I didn't spoil too much for you!